The why and what of a Resource Needs Assessment
NvACD is helping CDs increase their role as leaders of locally led conservation in Nevada. An initial group of Nevada CDs will write Resource Needs Assessments by bringing together local producers, local groups, agencies and general public to identify resource concerns and possible solutions to those resource concerns using Natural Resources Conservation Service (NRCS) farm planning tools and other resources.
Locally led conservation consists of a series of phases that involve community stakeholders in natural resource planning, implementation of solutions, and evaluation of results. Locally led conservation begins with the community itself, working through the local conservation district. It is based on the principle that community stakeholders are best suited to deal with local resource problems.
Please visit this link for the “e-directive” regarding locally led conservation
A presentation to the Nevada Farm Bureau provided information about the Resource Needs Assessment
The NvACD Resource Needs Assessment Guide
Outreach tools for the Resource Needs Assessment
Powerpoint RNA Outreach 2.5 pdf Outside CD RNA Outreach 2.5 (002) oct 26 2018
Tools found in The RNA Guide
- Basic Checklist- National Resource Concerns ( p. 13) Resource Concerns Checklist (national)
- Resource Concerns Descriptions- NRCS (p. 13) Resource Concerns descriptions by NRCS
- Local Work Group and State Technical Advisory Committee Manual – (NRCS Guidance for Local Work Groups) (p.17 and 31) STACpolicy (1) Manual Title 440 Part 501
- United States Army Corps of Engineers Partnership Handbook (p. 28) NRCS.USACE Partnership Handbook
- Local Work Group Example from Montana (p.31) 2018-LWG-funding-recommendation-Lewis-and-Clark
- Guide for Organic Farmers (p.32) stc_lwg_guide for organic farmers
- The Power of Your Voice! What to expect at your Local Work Group meeting! (p.32)The Power of Your Voice at a Local Working Group